Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 1 in Paris



Well as some of you know I have decided to travel to Europe on a "Food Extravaganza", as I would like to call it. Today is day 1 in Paris and I managed to hit all the local food shops without any sleep or a shower. Of course, check in at our hotel wasn't until 3:00 pm and our room wasn't ready at 7:00 am when we landed so what's a girl to do but shop! I always said on day one in Paris the first thing I wanted to touch my lips would be a chocolate croissant and yes, this did happen! I must say I think I will remember that chocolate croissant for the rest of my life. I can't even explain the flakiness of the crust and all the butter in it or the creamy slightly sweet chocolate oozing out of it, you will just have to believe me. This was the best thing I've had this year. Ok, I know I've said the yogurt in Sydney with passion fruit and mangoes was my obsession right now but I am allowed to change my mind. And I have. If this was my last day on earth and there was only one thing left to eat it would be that chocolate croissant. Would it be really wrong for me to have one every morning with coffee? Ok, with that said I've included some pictures from my morning shopping. One of the fabulous local street markets for food shopping is Rue Daguerre and lucky me it's only blocks from our hotel. Did I secretly plan this, I must have!

No comments:

Post a Comment